Sunday, June 28, 2009

HOW THE VISION IN EL PIÑAL WAS BORN


Pastor Damian with Miguelito

In English it is called "ONE HOPE HUATULCO "


I had been given some land by a business lady, Maria Carmen Cardenas. She gave me the confidence to open a small food stand to obtain a little income for my family. This was a short time after I had obtained my freedom of 10 years in prison.

That first morning when I arrived at the edge of this land, I had only a machete and a shovel to start my work there. As a Christian, I looked for a small place to double my knees and to entrust my work into the hands of the eternal God.

As I was finishing my prayer, a boy of about 7 years, with a small voice interrupted my thought with a question:

"What are you do there"?

I answered him, "I am praying"

He then asked me, "Why"?

And I answered him, "so that God will help me".

Immediately he said to me, "Pray for my Papa, so that he will be healed because he is very ill and in addition, he drinks a lot and we suffer much because he is a drunkard."

I asked him: "What is your name"

He answered me, "Miguelito" (little Michael). "I live with my mama in that small house across the road on that hill".

The boy's face showed sadness and suffering of their extreme poverty. I also sensed the necessity of his need of a little affection and attention.

Today thanks to God, Miguelito's Papa has been healed of his severe disease. Also, He has been healed of his alcoholism. Today they live on our land which is the project "One Hope Huatulco".

I know many other needy families but right now there are three families with us. The food stand hasn't been built but we do have a little "Chocita" shelter against the rain and a place to cook that I constructed at the outset that serves as a church, where every Tuesday and Saturday we give glory and honor to GOD.

Miguelito now is better person .....

"THE PLANS CHANGED!"

Written by DAMIAN CRUZ VAZQUEZ.




Miguelito's family's new house

No comments: